Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Benefits of quitting smoking

The benefits of smoking cessation/ quitting are truly unlimited. We all expect our health to improve, but that is just the beginning of this wonderful journey. The positive results of smoking cessation listed below were collected from About.com Smoking Cessation forum members. They quickly learned that the return on their efforts to quit smoking was well worth the work it took to achieve it -- and then some.

Settle in with a cup of tea and grab some inspiration from those who have made a success of smoking cessation.

Benefits of Smoking Cessation
Every breath I take feels so clean and refreshing
I'm not tired during the day...yet I sleep like a rock at night
I have more stamina, endurance, and confidence
More cash in my pocket
My clothes don't stink
I'm not ashamed of smoking anymore
My anxiety level has gone way, way down
I can breathe!
I'm working out like a champ
I am in control of ME
No more coughing
I'm eating better--I used to substitute cigarettes for food a lot
I can smell again
My complexion is much better
My heart feels relaxed...like it can do more work with less effort now
Less heartburn and indigestion
More respect for myself
No need to worry about attending events where I can't smoke
My house smells good! My car smells good!
No more fear of fire caused by smoking
I spend money on my health now, like working out at a health club, instead of on cigs
My sinus problems are gone!
My allergies and asthma have improved
I don't feel like a hypocrite
I can sing again!
No more time wasted smoking
Whiter teeth
Fresh breath
Sharper thinking
Pride in myself

No more guilt about exposing family and friends to secondhand smoke
Confidence in my ability to achieve whatever goal I set for myself!
Smoking cessation is hard work at times, especially early on, but dig your feet in and give it all you've got. Remind yourself daily about why you want to quit smoking, and picture yourself as a contented ex-smoker, free of the need to light up every hour on the hour.

Smoking cessation is not out of reach, it’s doable, and you have the ability to make it happen, right now. Believe it and believe in yourself.

Quit smoking now!

Source: about.com

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I have been battling to give up the cigarettes for a long time now and recently looked at a less conventional method online at Hypnotic tracks. I am still smoking but I do seem to have cut down, I just need to build up that will power to finally give up smoking once and for all.

klubpsychology.blogspot.com said...

DEAR APRIL,
AS WE HAVE DEALT WITH MANY CASES OF CHIAN SMOKING, KLUB PSYCHOLOGY WOULD SAY, " DONT SAY I WOULD QUIT SMOKING, SAY TO YOURSELF- I WOULD REDUCE MY SMOKING HABIT. DON'T REALLY LINGER YOUR SMOKING HABITS TO THE TWO EXTREMES i.e. I WILL QUIT SMOKING OR I WONT. THEY REALLY DONT GIVE YOU PERMANENT SOLUTION."

LET US GIVE YOU FEW STEPS TO MONITOR AND REDUCE YOUR MARGIN

1)MAKE A LOG BOOK OF ABOUT 1 MONTHS. START FROM TODAY. MAKE COLUMNS FOR YOUR PROBLEMS, TIME OF SMOKING, NO OF CIGARETTE PER DAY, REASON IF YOU KNOW BEHIND THE CARVINGS, AND PROBABALE SOLUTIONS.

2)WIRTE DOWN THOSE SITUATIONS WHERE YOU HAD EXTREME CARVINGS FOR SMOKING. MAINTAIN IT EVERY DAY.

3) WHAT COULD BE THE STRESSOR OR CAUSE BEHIND YOU WANTING TO SMOKE? - WIRITE IT DOWN A COLUMN.

4)IN THE NEXT COLUMN- WIRTE DOWN PROBABLE SOLUTIONS YOU HAVE GOT TO BATTLE YOUR SMOKING HABIT. ITS YOUR OWN APPRAOCHES, MIND IT.

5)TRY TO DEALY YOUR TIME TO LIT UP THE CIGARETTE. BUILD UP CERTAIN WILL POWER TO STOP IT FOR FEW MINUTES, THEN FEW HOURS AND THEN FEW DAYS. YOU HAVE TO PRACTICE IT. YOU NEED TO DEVOTE A LOT OF TIME AND EFFORT IN THIS TASK.

6)TYR TO LIMIT YOUR SMOKING HABIT BY SETTING PARTICULAR TIME AND PLACE. IT MAY HELP YOU TO CONTROL YOUR HABIT A LOT.

6)USE THAT DEALYED TIME FOR CREATIVE ACTIVITIES THAT YOU ARE MOST FOND OF.

by: klub psychology, Nepal